Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: Electric bills

  1. #1
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Electric bills

    I did a search to see if the subject had been brought up on here. I didn't find one so here goes. Does anybody know the agency you call and complain to about them raising the bills. I read about it once but cant remember the name. This month we had a extra 50 dollars as some kinda deposit and we have had our electric turned on yrs ago. Was talking to a neighbor and they had a extra 100 dollars added. Anybody else have any odd extra charges on this past bill.

    Also wondering if there are any petitions going around about the company raising the rates on us?
    GO VOLS

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Electric bills

    I don't know the phone numbers you're looking for (try the State Corporation Commission), but I can say that electricity costs in this area are ridiculous.

    I had a sizeable house in Blacksburg, everything was electric, no gas, and my electricity bill was never more than $75. I move here and my bill is $200+ some months. It's absolutely ridiculous.

    We're getting ripped off.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Electric bills

    [ QUOTE ]
    I don't know the phone numbers or contacts you're looking for, but I can say that electricity costs in this area are ridiculous.

    I had a sizeable house in Blacksburg, everything was electric, no gas, and my electricity bill was never more than $75. I move here and my bill is $200+ some months. It's absolutely ridiculous.

    We're getting ripped off.


    [/ QUOTE ]

    You got that right. You don't have any option but to pay it. They raised em over 25% right before winter and it put many in some rough spots. Then them just adding stuff to it like the deposit thing I mentioned is absurd since Ive had electric at my residence for yrs. But there is some place to file complaints just cant remember the name. May we can get some petitions going or if anybody is good with websites would could get a online petition going
    GO VOLS

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Electric bills

    Online petitions are the weakest form of protest one can use.
    I'd recommend everyone that wishes to complain write an individual letter (not email) to the SCC and/or your representative.
    10000 letters have more effect than 10000 signatures.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member retiredteach's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    853
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Electric bills

    Subject: Fight Appalachian Power increase!
    >
    >Subject: Fight AEP rate increase
    >
    >Please visit http://aepaction.org <http://aepaction.org/> . This site
    >gives you the ability to
    >join
    > >Delegate Bill Carrico and voice your opposition to the extraordinarily
    > >high AEP rate increases to the Virginia State Corporation Commission
    >in
    > >Richmond, VA.
    You can never rise above the image that you have of yourself in your own mind."

  6. #6
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Electric bills

    Hey teach thanks for the link. I'll pass it around to the neighbors.
    GO VOLS

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Merlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    377
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Electric bills

    Thanks for the link -- I'm signed up and forwarding to everyone I know.
    ......and I thought truth was universal. Silly me......

  8. #8
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Electric bills

    I hope it gets lowered however my fear is that with spring and the drop in actual dollars in folks electric bills will mislead people into believing that the cost has went down and therefore stop complaining

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Merlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    377
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Electric bills

    I've been on the 'Budget Plan' for a couple years now and it helped to even things out over the year by paying the same amount for 11 months and then the 12 month was the 'settle up' month. That wasn't so bad paying $91 each month until I got my 'settle up' bill that was $327!!! Now my budget amount has been adjusted to $121 per month. I really can't see how some people can afford these increases. And, its not like they have competition -- its a monopoly that should be better controlled by the SCC. I know costs have gone up for the power produces, but I thought that the 'fuel factor' charge (supposedly tied to their cost of fuel used to generate electricity) implemented back a few years ago was supposed to offset most of that -- apparently not.
    ......and I thought truth was universal. Silly me......

  10. #10
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Electric bills

    Last month my parents got a $700 electricity bill.
    WTF?
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •